Vegetable Cashew Thai Recipe
Vegetable Cashew Thai is a modern take on the traditional Pad Thai. Using similar ingredients, and adding in a few extra flavours, this dish is sure to be a winner for dinner any night of the week!
220g thick rice noodles
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
½ cabbage, chopped
2 cups brussels sprouts, halved
1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
1 cup cashews
Small bunch of kale, stems removed.
Tamari sauce (Gluten-free alternative to soy sauce)
A small bunch parsley
Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Bring a large saucepan half-full of water to the boil.
- Once the water has boiled, add the sweet potato cubes to the saucepan. Simmer for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the sweet potato is soft.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray the kale leaves with some oil spray and gently massage them with your fingers for 1-2 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick medium fry pan over medium-high heat and spray lightly with oil spray. Add the Brussels sprouts, cherry tomatoes, cabbage, parsley and kale to the pan. Fry until the sprouts turn golden brown.
- Place the rice noodles into the saucepan with the sweet potato and simmer for 3-5 minutes, or until the noodles are soft. Drain.
- Add the noodles and the sweet potato to the vegetables in the fry pan and stir to combine. Fry for a further 2 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Sprinkle cashews and parsley over the top, along with some tamari sauce to taste. Add a pinch of Himalayan salt if desired.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
I hope this Vegetable Cashew Thai recipe got your mouth watering! Make sure you check out some of my other favourite recipes, like my Avocado and Tofu Scramble on Toast.
Love and light,
* Results from BAM may vary. Strict adherence to the program is required for best results.