Potato And Pumpkin Puree Pizza Recipe
A healthy twist on one of your favourites! Pizza is often called a somewhat guilty pleasure. But that’s about to change! This recipe will allow you to indulge in that dearly loved pizza, without skimping on taste!
1 gluten free pizza base (or pizza base of your choice)
1 heaped tablespoon tomato paste
2 potatoes, chopped
¼ pumpkin, chopped
1 tablespoon Nuttelex (or preferred margarine/butter spread)
1 medium-sized zucchini, spiralised (or grated, see note below)
½ medium avocado
5 cherry tomatoes
1 handful sliced mushrooms
1 handful baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 200℃.
- Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil.
- Place chopped potato and pumpkin in boiling water. Cover the saucepan and allow it to cook over medium heat until potato is soft. Drain excess water.
- Add Nuttelex / butter. Using a food blender (or hand masher), blend the potato and pumpkin until it reaches a smooth puree consistency.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the pizza base on baking paper and cover the top of the base with a thin, even amount of tomato paste.
- Using a spoon, spread the potato/pumpkin puree on top of the tomato paste.
- Placed the spiralised zucchini on top of the pizza base.
- Chop avocado, mushrooms, tomato and toss together with baby spinach before adding on the top of the pizza.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil (cheese or vegan cheese can be added here if desired).
- Place the pizza in the oven, cook for 15-20 minutes or until the base turns crisp and golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: If you don’t have a spiraliser, a regular grater works just fine, or simply slice the zucchini into thin slices.
This pizza is a fantastic way to eat a variety of vegetables! The puree is so creamy and delicious, just like my favourite carrot soup recipes.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!
Love and light,
* Results from BAM may vary. Strict adherence to the program is required for best results.