These are a few things I know of that may help to increase your metabolic rate (however they are not the only ones!). While these may help to give your metabolism a bit of a boost, remember that they should not be thought of as a replacement for exercise and a healthy diet.
1. Eating smaller meals, but more frequently! This can help to keep your metabolism constantly burning.
2. Aerobic exercise temporarily increases your metabolic rate.
3. Weight training can help to improve your metabolic rate on a long- term scale. In very basic terms, the more muscle mass you have, the more potential calories your body burns at rest.
4. Sleep! Sounds cliche, but it legitimately helps your body rest, recover and rejuvenate from one day to the next. The time we spend sleeping is vital to so many of our body’s functioning systems, including your metabolism!
5. WATER! Most of us need MORE than the recommended 8 glasses of water a day! So get gulping!
6. Tea. Scientifically, green tea is one of the best teas to help increase your metabolism. And if you’ve ever researched green tea, you’ll know it’s PACKED with loads of other goodies, such as antioxidants!
7. Don’t skip meals! This may actually lead to a SLOW metabolism, which may end up making you more susceptible to weight gain!
8. Spicy foods such as chilli, wasabi, curries, pepper, spices and even some herbs may help to increase your metabolism. The heat literally makes things fiery enough to burn extra calories!
Some foods that have been found to assist the increase of your metabolism: tuna, grapefruit, apples and pears, cinnamon, coffee (but don’t overdo it!), lean meats (especially turkey), oats, spinach and sunflower seeds!
Love and Light,
* Results from BAM may vary. Strict adherence to the program is required for best results.